Posted on 18 November 2011.
Everyone likes to grab a turkey leg and dig in on Thanksgiving or any other time for that matter. I decided grilling them would make them even better than the oven. The secret to great turkey legs is in the brine. It’s also a good idea to season them well since they are so meaty. If you do they will be gnaw off the bone delicious. These are great either with your favorite barbecue sauce or hot off the charcoal grill with no sauce at all.
Turkey Legs (1 per person)
14 Cups Water
1 Cup Kosher Salt
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Medium Onions Sliced
3 Jalapenos Sliced
1 Tsp Pepper
Mix ingredient together in large pan or zip lock bag and submerge turkey legs. Leave them for at least 8 hours or up to 24. The longer they brine the better they taste. Remove from brine 1 hour before cooking and allow to drain at room temperature.
Rub turkey legs with olive oil and liberally apply salt and pepper.
Prepare hot grill for indirect cooking. Place legs over hot coals turning every few minutes to brown them up on all sides. Move turkey legs away from direct heat and cover grill. Let them cook for about another 30 minutes. Add sauce if using during last few minutes of cooking and check temperature. They are ready when they have reached 165 degrees. Let them rest for 10 minutes and grab them up.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
No time to do the work? No problem.
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.
Our delicious plump, juicy, golden brown Turkey Legs are larger than most Turkey Legs sold at major theme parks and festivals around the United States. Our Turkey Legs are smoked to perfection and are perfect for a family dinner, graduation party, picnic at the beach or any social gathering! Just heat and serve! Whether you are feeding your family or feeding a crowd, everyone will love Turkey Legs from Farm Pac Kitchens! • Each leg weights approximately 10 ounces • Packaged 10 Turkey Legs per bag, 2 bags per order, Total of 20 Turkey Legs • Shipped Smoked/frozen by Federal Express in a reusable insulated box.
No features available.
Posted in Grilling, Recipes
Posted on 20 October 2011.
Weber Smokey Joe Portable Charcoal Grill
The Weber Smokey Joe portable charcoal grill is the perfect cooking accessory for small families and people who want to experience great grilled food, while on the move or in the backyard. It is small, light weight and sleek which allows you to carry it around while traveling or while on a vacation.
One of the biggest advantage of the Weber Smokey Joe Portable Grill is the fact that there are only four parts to assemble. So, it can be assembled / disassembled easily and quickly. This also makes it easy to clean/ maintain. While not in use, it can be stored using minimal space.
The glass reinforced heat absorbing nylon handle allows you to open and close the lid easily and the 14.5 inch triple nickel plated cooking grate provides enough room to accommodate 3 steaks or 6 burgers at a time.
The porcelain enameled coating prevents rust and fading, thereby making it durable and long lasting. In fact, this product comes with a 10-year limited warranty! The rounded top ensures that the food is cooked properly as the heat is evenly distributed.
- Type: Portable Charcoal grill.
- Use: Cookouts, tailgate parties, travel, home (small families)
- Handle: Glass reinforced nylon handle
- Cooking grate: 14.5 inches (Diameter); Triple Nickel plated
- Coating: Porcelain emulated coating
- Legs: Three; Detachable
- Load: 3 Steaks / 6 Burgers at a time
- Heating: Charcoal
- Weight: 9.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 31.4 x 18.4 x 15.9 inches
- Model No. Reviewed: 10020
- The Weber Smokey Joe portable grill uses charcoal for heating and compared to the larger grills, it can even save charcoal when used to cook for two/ three people. It is a good idea to clean the bottom air intake opening once in a while to clear it off any ashes. This ensures proper air-circulation.
- As a bonus, the vendor has even included a 31 page guide with recipes and cooking tips! Ain’t that sweet?
- The handle can become quite hot after cooking you need to be careful while removing the lid immediately after cooking. We also recommend you let the grill cool completely before re-packing it.
- This model has three legs and they can be detached for easy storage/ transportation. Since they are generally kept on the ground, one needs to be careful they are not pushed down accidentally due to running kids/ dogs.
If you are looking for a portable / low cost grill for a small family, your search ends here! The Weber Smokey Joe portable grill offers great quality at a competitive price, and the combination is quite unbeatable.
Grab a Weber Smokey Joe portable charcoal grill
List Price: $34.70
Sale Price: $28.31
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
If you want to grill in the wild, at the shore, or wherever the party is happening, then you're in luck. Weber Go-Anywhere Grills live up to both their name and their fame: Weber quality in a portable package.
- The Weber Smokey Joe charcoal grill is an ideal portable grill for cookouts, tailgate parties, and car camping
- The glass reinforced nylon handle allows you to easily remove the lid as needed
- The cooking grate measures 14-1/2-inch diameter and is triple nickel-plated
- The porcelain enameled coating prevents rust and fading
- 10-year limited warranty
Posted in Grilling, Grills
Posted on 29 July 2011.
2 Lbs Ground Angus Beef
3 Grilled poblano peppers seeded & sliced
1 Grilled jalapeno seeded & sliced
6 Slices cheddar cheese
6 Hamburger Buns
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare your charcoal fire and let it burn down. In a large mixing bowl season Angus beef with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use. Make into patties. Grill for five minutes on each side for medium rare. During the last five minutes top with cheddar cheese. When finished grilling, on one half of the roll place the burger and top with lettuce, peppers, red onions and the condiments of your choice. Serve immediately.
Posted in Beef, Grilling, Recipes